Why should a cancer research center have an arts program?
We want to create thought-provoking, aesthetic, even playful artworks that:
- Provide an equitable, mind-expanding, interdisciplinary environment for artists and scientists to collaborate.
- Change the way people respond to a cancer diagnosis. We want them to feel more agency and perhaps more interest in the science behind the disease.
- Help doctors understand what patients and their families are going through when they receive a cancer diagnosis.
- Provide a safe place, space, and experience for families and friends to talk about cancer.
- Bring cancer out of the closet of shame and fear and into the light of understanding, awareness and knowledge.